Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The UFC 158 Theater Story

Old story, it was March 2013 and I was given a few invitations for a theater play. One thing you should know about me is that I am not much of a theater goer, but I figured I'd attend the event anyway - to show off my new three-piece suit and to make a good impression in society, etc. So I took some friends with me, but before we reached the theater, I went to the pharmacy store and bought a pair of ear plugs.
We entered the theater and took our seats. As soon as the play started, I pulled the ear plugs out of my pocket and stuck them in my ears, so I would not be bothered by the actors talking. Then I closed my eyes and started thinking about the bets I would place on the upcoming Georges St. Pierre vs Nick Diaz UFC fight. The play lasted for two hours and in the course of those two hours I was half-sleeping and half-thinking about the bets I would place on GSP vs Diaz, Johny Hendricks vs. Carlos Condit and T.J. Dillashaw vs Issei Tamura. I made a good analysis and some good calculations about the odds and about the amount of money I should place on each fight, in order to come out with a profit. From time to time I would open my eyes to check if the play is about to end soon but those brief moments were the only times I cared about this whole theater deal.
I was in a theater, totally not giving a damn about the play, and totally focused on MMA and online gambling. It was a refreshing experience, where I ended up with a solid betting gameplan and with no idea of what I just "watched" in the theater. For real, I don't even remember the name of the play and I will never know what it was about. But I did win some good cash from the UFC 158 bets.